Community Forum

Random slow down/disconnected all day

Highlighted
New Poster

Random slow down/disconnected all day

The internet at my apartment has been very randomly slowing down or completely disconnect. I get disconnected from my zoom meeting a lot! I happen dozens of times per day. And it's been a while. Restart modem doesn't resolve the issue.  It's Netgear CM400 and D-Link DIR-815.  I don't know what is the problem. Any comments would be appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Random slow down/disconnected all day

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

https://imgur.com/CZsCjM5  Oh, okay. Here is the pic. 

Highlighted
Expert

The stats are o/k / in spec. Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Wifi connections (phones, laptops) have this disconnect way more frequently. And we have one computer connects to the router with a cable also have this problem, but less frequently. 

Highlighted
Expert

For another test, try the computer directly to the CM400 modem (no router in the mix).

Highlighted
New Poster

Tried that. No internet. It should have internet connection by connecting computer directly to the modem?

Highlighted
Expert

You have to power cycle the modem each and every time that you change the device that is being connected to it