Community Forum

Random loss of internet connection using TradeStation software

Frequent Visitor

Random loss of internet connection using TradeStation software

For the last few weeks I have been losing internet connection in a software I use called Tradestation.  It works fine for a while then randomly will go offline and I have to restart the program to get the software back online.  When the software goes offline, I still have internet access  and am able to visit websites with no problem.  I have spent weeks now talking to Tradestation to figure out why this may be happening and they conclude it has to be on my end and due to a network issue.  I have turned off my windows firewall and connected directly to the cable modem and the issue still persists.  I ran my computer in safe mode with networking and it also happens then.  I would like to attach my modem logs to this post but am having trouble.  Any suggestions?

Expert

Re: Random loss of internet connection using TradeStation software

FWIW, if you can still surf then the problem isn't likely to be with the Comcast connection. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the software / program ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have done that several times.  It also happens when I installed it on a different computer I have.  Can you guide me with how to attach my logs?  

Expert

Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor