Just recently I have been experiencing "hickups" in my internet connections. I have about 17 devices connected Wired and Wireless at a given time in my house to Netgear R7000 which is connected to TP-Link TC-7620 cable modem. Been in my house about 2 years now and have not had any issues until recently (had physical issues when my dog chewed the cable wire outside but that was fixed and I confirmed that did not happen again!). I have done a firmware update on my Netgear (i typically don't do this often and if I do I do a full reset, then update, then reconfigure my settings) and the TP-Link doesn't seem to have any kind of updating. So I'm trying to rule out some things. But today I web managed into the TP-Link router and saw some errors in the change log. Here is what it looks like and with connection status
So i did a little googling and didn't really see what could cause this. It seems it started about a week or so ago even though there are some from today August 5th. Before that there was some things from March and earlier. I've messed with some network analyzers and things like that. One showed some packet loss but nothing crazy. This doesn't happen on a consistent basis. Very random and comes and goes. Any ideas and thoughts on this or has someone ran into this before?
Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.
You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.
The upstream power is on the high side and it may be intermittently fluctuating even higher to out of spec levels. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, speed, latency, and packet loss problems.
In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test
If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.
OK i'll check those splitters out - off the top of my head I think there are three. One single outside on side of house, one single in the basement, and one double in my living room (modem/cable box). I'm sure there is more at the box (which is in my backyard). Forgot that some of those splitters aren't reliable so i'll definetly try that. If not then yea sounds like a call. Thanks!
That sounds like too many without having an amp or a zero loss splitter.