Community Forum

Random connection drops

New Poster

Random connection drops

Just recently have started getting random connection drops, appears modem is rebooting when looking back at, added logs below. It has happened 3 times this morning, twice being down times of 5+ minutes and one time with a downtime of about 30 seconds.

Pictures aren't working through upload or direct link.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Random connection drops

The images you posted aren't visible. They all look like this:

HfImgPlcHldr.gif

This is probably because you are a new poster and the images require moderator approval. That could take a while. If you don't want to wait you could upload the images to a file sharing site and post links to them here, or post text instead of an image.

If you haven't already, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips.

New Poster

status.jpg

Frequent Visitor

@amilleri Out of curiosity, are you on the Gigabit speed tier that uses DOCSIS 3.1?

Official Employee

Hi amilleri. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with further troubleshooting your internet connection issues. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi amilleri. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!