Community Forum

Random Xfinity internet speed

New Poster

Random Xfinity internet speed

400Mb speed contract - hit 398Mb once on the day of contract purchase. Xfinity keep resetting when I complain and 24h later I get close to 300Mb for all of a day, then it slows again. So random.......they say they can send an engineer but there is NOTHING wrong. It’s just an unreliable network/provider. Day to day it fluctuates between 65Mb to 295Mb. I’m fed up of calling it’s wasting my time. I wonder what my rights are when they can keep their end of the contract?
Expert

Re: Random Xfinity internet speed

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I make public
Highlighted
Expert

Try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello @Jmccormick1, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the speed issues you have been experiencing and we definitely want to get to the bottom of this. I would be more than happy to assist you! Yes, if you could please start by posting the information @EG requested that would be great and we can go from there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Jmccormick1, we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a PM if you still need assistance with this internet speed concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you choosing to have Comcast as your service provider. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.