Community Forum

Random T3 Timeouts 7 so far in a 3 hour span

New Poster

Random T3 Timeouts 7 so far in a 3 hour span

So this problem started about 2 months ago.  In the month of February, so i dumped about 2k into a good PC started playing and randomly would get these t3 timeout. Already had 2 techs out and they just replaced the modem and looked at the wiring. I live in gov housing so theyre strict on what can be tampered with, as in the poles for the housing residents and whats dug up. So heres a few things i tried my, I replaced coaxiel cable from wall to the splitter and the splitter. I have the whole package so i have the cable box to connect to the wall which is why i have the splitter. Now, i used to play on ps4 with ethernet with even my old modem and never had any types of issues like this until i got my pc. Anyways, the cables going from the splitter to the Modem and Cable box are both xfinity supplied. The wall coard and splitter arent but shouldnt affect much. Then i put the ports in for the game that seems to set off these timeouts in and helped it for a extended period of time. Then i had another afterwards. So for today alone, I had about 7 Timeouts in a span of like 4 hours. 1:52>2:13>2:49>3:43>4:04>4:09>Input game ports>4:53. This issue is highly aggravating and seems to be never ending its getting out of hand for some one that pays $160+ a month for the service. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Expert

Re: Random T3 Timeouts 7 so far in a 3 hour span

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

Make and model number of the modem ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

My event logs arent loading for modem and Its a XB6-T Modem but i cant find model 

Expert

Host the pics somewhere like at the Imgur pic hosting site and post the links as I stated.

Contributor

There is an impairment in your signal.  Possibly a line outside needs replacing, or something else is amiss.  A good tech should find the problem.  Escalate until fixed.  If you have a certain number of tech visits without resolution it is automatically escalated as a "chronic" which gets a supervisor personally involved.  He will generally either send a very good tech or go with a tech himself.  Keep pushing and it will get resolved.

Expert

@spinne1 wrote:

There is an impairment in your signal.  

If the T3's aren't numerous then there may not be a signal impairment. That is why the signal status pics need to be seen to determine whether or not the figures are in spec which would help to confirm a possible impairment. Some makes and models of modems chipsets / firmware are quite the hypochondriacs when reporting T3's even when no impairment actually exists.