Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Random Disconnection: Power Level (Upstream)

New Poster

Random Disconnection: Power Level (Upstream)

So for the last month or so I've been having random disconnections with my internet. In the system logs it says this and repeats it a lot:

Fri Jul 24 14:43:55 2015Warning (5) Dynamic Range Window violation
Fri Jul 24 14:43:54 2015Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=cc:35:40:b6:48:a2;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:22:36:04;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=

I've read some things on the internet and it says it has to do with the Upsteam power level. The power level is way higher than it is supposed to be and I don't know how to fix it.

Upstream Channel Bonding Value

LockedLockedLockedNot locked
27 MHz34 MHz22 MHz 
5120 Ksym/sec5120 Ksym/sec2560 Ksym/sec 
53.0 dBmV52.3 dBmV53.0 dBmV 
ATDMAATDMATDMA 

Please help me fix this. Also it happens 15-20 times a day.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Random Disconnection: Power Level (Upstream)

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1000 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage from Radio Shack, Home Depot, Target, etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test.

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

All Replies
Expert

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1000 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage from Radio Shack, Home Depot, Target, etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test.

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

Regular Visitor

I have checked all of the cables, they are all tight, no splitters.

New Poster

Did you ever get your problem fixed? Im having the same issues now. Tech came out and couldnt find any issues.
Expert

Two and a half year old marked "solved" dead thread now being closed. Please create your own new topic here detailing your issue.