Community Forum

RE-ESTABLISHING NETWORK AFTER MOVE

New Poster

RE-ESTABLISHING NETWORK AFTER MOVE

I am moving and taking my Gateway. How do I re-establish my network at the new place? Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: RE-ESTABLISHING NETWORK AFTER MOVE

@Jensmunk wrote:

I am moving and taking my Gateway. How do I re-establish my network at the new place? Thanks

You might try Customer Service 1800comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Your gateway settings won’t change just because you move and keep the gateway. Making sure that you have a live cable signal is totally different

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

You can call and have them change the info on the account but if there is a cable wire in the new place connect it and see if it works? Most modems and boxes will work throughout the Xfinity footprint no matter who's house you are in, although Comcast doesn't like to advertise it.

5th

Expert

@FifthE1ement wrote:

Most modems and boxes will work throughout the Xfinity footprint no matter who's house you are in, although Comcast doesn't like to advertise it.

FWIW, for years, it has been my understanding that when moving a modem to another location, it will only work (without re-provisioning it) if the new location is connected to the same Headend facility as the old location was. Maybe things have changed ? I can not answer this authoritatively as I am not an employee. YMMV.

@ComcastAndrew

If you have the knowledge of this, can you please provide the correct answer ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Not in South Florida anyway, I've moved it from Miami to almost Palm Beach and it worked fine and took command resets just fine. And I know not all of South Florida is on the same headend. lol

Official Employee

@EG, you are correct, obviously it would differ if you are using personal equipment. The OP didn’t say, I was assuming it was a local move.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
@EG, you are correct, obviously it would differ if you are using personal equipment. The OP didn’t say, I was assuming it was a local move.

Thanks for your input @ComcastAndrew.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

You answered my question. Thanks