Community Forum

Questions about throttling

New Poster

Questions about throttling

Hello, 

I can't seem to find a way to send a text message or chat with support, so I'll try here. I am currently exceeding my 1 TB limit for the month, but not by much. In most cases, the cost of paying the overages is less than the cost of the unlimited plan. I'm currently debating whether or not to get the unlimited plan if it's going to be more expensive in the long run. If I do not subscribe to the unlimited data plan and choose to pay the overages each month, will my connection be throttled when I go over the 1 TB threshold, or should it remain at the same speed? I plan to write a script that does a speed check on regular intervals and records them to be set on a chart, but I figured I'd ask here first. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Questions about throttling

Nothing changes with your service when/if you go over

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Questions about throttling

morfait, thank you for taking the time to reach out here over the forums! We don't throttle if you go over 1TB of data. Keep in mind that you do get two months of overages covered by us for every 12-month period. 

If you'd like to take a look at some unlimited data options together, I'm more than happy to review the account with you! Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!