Community Forum

Question: If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage can I exchange my older Arris gateway to the newest one?

Frequent Visitor

Question: If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage can I exchange my older Arris gateway to the newest one?

Hi. I'm currently subscribed to Xfi and have an Arris TG1682G gateway, which I rent from Comcast. If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage does that allow me to swap it out for the newer gateway with the smaller footprint?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Question: If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage can I exchange my older Arris gateway to the newest on

@disciple1211 wrote:

Hi. I'm currently subscribed to Xfi and have an Arris TG1682G gateway, which I rent from Comcast. If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage does that allow me to swap it out for the newer gateway with the smaller footprint?

I swapped out my XB3 for the XB6 as soon as it was available in my service area; xFi Advantage is not a prerequisite.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Question: If I subscribe to Xfi Advantage can I exchange my older Arris gateway to the newest...

Hey there, disciple1211! The XB6 is a fantastic modem and I'm happy to hear you're looking to get it. I have it at home and love it. 

You're able to get this modem without getting xFi Advantage depending on your current speeds. I can send one out to you as well to save you a trip to the store! Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!