Community Forum

Public xfinitywifi hotspot not working

New Poster

Public xfinitywifi hotspot not working

The public xfinitywifi hotspot that I have been using for the last 3 months is no longer connecting on my laptop and android.

All of a sudden the hotspot stopped working. I mean, my devices can connect to it, but there's no Internet access.

However, I can get Internet access from other xfinitywifi public hotspots (like 20 meters away) near my apartment.

So I guess the only explaination is the hotspot I used before is broken? Is there anyway to fix it? 

Any help would be appreciated.

New Poster

Re: Public xfinitywifi hotspot not working

Is this what you’re getting? If so I’m having the same problem smh
37EE412A-64EC-4EF2-9244-C028FBC484AF.jpeg
New Poster

I have same problem as shown in the picture. Somehow, I can connect to a xfinity hotspot in my bedroom but when I walk into and stay in my living room, it got disconnected and when I tries to connect to xfinity hotspot in living room I get the same problem. I have android, iphone, both same problem. No connection in living room even though I see good signal.. It tries to keep IP stuffs and eventually saying avoided poor connection.
New Poster

Xfinity public hotspot Glen Michael Ln 21133 Randallstown Mac 4e:7a:8a:5b:bf:48 periodically stops working
Regular Visitor

Any help with this? This literally just happened to me..with the only hotspot I have. So now no internet except for when I'm away back home. : ( can Comcast possibly like reboot the hotspots in the area?

New Poster

Same thing with my iPhone 5. It worked at the condo I'm in perfectly until one night it disconnected me and hasn't been great since. I get good signal in the hallway and patio but inside anywhere doesn't connect whatsoever. I've reset the router in the condo but no luck. Airplane mode trick, restarting phone. Kinda losing hope.
Silver Problem Solver

Just a guess; maybe the public hotspots were removed in your area?

Do you have the hotspot app?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-wifi-hotspots/id549643634?mt=8

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I can't connect on my computer- when it tries to bring up the login page,  I get this in Firefox- any suggestions?

The connection has timed out

The server at www.google.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.