Community Forum

Public hotspot network (xfinitywifi) no longer available from my modem

New Poster

Public hotspot network (xfinitywifi) no longer available from my modem

• No xfinitywifi network available from my modem, despite that I have it enabled in my account settings.  No luck trying to fix this using phone agent or onine chat-- in fact, after explaining issue to agent, someone at Comcast actually changed my account setting back to "disabled", which is the exact opposite of what needed to happen.  So I  again set my account setting to "enabled" for the public hotspot on my modem, saw a message stating it would take 24 hours to activate, but it is now 3 days later and there is still no xfinitywifi network (i.e., public hotspot) available from my Comcast-provided modem.
  • I have seen other posts about this exact problem, but it seems to require Comcast make setting changes at the Gateway level, but Comcast seems to not be getting the message to the right technical staff at that level.
  • Note, this used to work on my modem, and I used this feature with guests in my home for the reason it is offered-  guests can use my public hotspot rather than having to provide my home network's password. 
Official Employee

Re: Public hotspot network (xfinitywifi) no longer available from my modem

Hello, gggknz. I want to help figure out what is going on with your wifi. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!