Community Forum

Problems with internet unable to play games online anymore

Regular Visitor

Problems with internet unable to play games online anymore

I've been having problems with my internet since December of 2017; I upgraded my internet plan from 100 mbs to 250 mbs and recieved a new gateway. Before I did this I had no problems with my internet; but now all of my devices that are connected to the 2.4g wifi are constently losing connection, and devices on the 5g wifi stay connected but when i try to use youtube I'm constently buffering or watching videos in 240p. When I try to use my pc that is hardwired in I'm still having problems with things like youtube, and now im unable to play videogames online anymore. I've contacted comcast multiple times since December and they have tried may things to fix my internet like replacing the cables in my house, and swaping out my gateway several times. However I'm still having problems with my internet; and I dont want to just call again and have another tech sent to my house because when ever they come all they do is run a speed test and show that im getting the speeds that im suppoesed, and then tell me that it's my devices that are the problem. I would be inclined to believe this if it was just one device that wasnt working but all of my devices are having problems now wired and wireless. I have tried to fix the internet by changing settings in the gateway trying things like bridgemode, removing my personal router, and moving my router, but it didnt work and now i dont know what to do anymore. Im currently using the comcasts XB6 as the gateway and Im using a netgear nighthawk as a router. Please help I just want to play online videogames again its been four months 

Expert

Re: Problems with internet unable to play games online anymore

Hi @PennyJenny

Since you've already had a tech visit...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Great I really hope they can help me out

Official Employee

Hello PennyJenny, I can assist you with getting your connectivity issues taken care of. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.