Community Forum

Problem with printer on network

New Poster

Problem with printer on network

Hi, we have the new Comcast router that (If I understood the tech right) decides which connection speed to assign devices automatically instead of me assigning them.  Ever since, my wireless printer is never able to be found on my network according to my laptop (a Macbook).  Is this an issue of the printer being assigned one network (like 2.4) while my laptop is assigned a different one (like 5.0)?  Or do I need to reinstall the printer to take advantage of the new network setting? Tired of manually restarting the printer...

Expert

Re: Problem with printer on network

They should be able to talk to one another even if they are on different WiFi bands. It's all the same LAN / subnet. Try forgetting it and re-installing it. 

If you have one, try using the set-up / installation disk that typically comes with printers or go to the manufacturer's website and download the installation software for your particular model and try it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Problem with printer on network

Thank you.  I'll give it a shot.