Community Forum

Problem with internet speed since we "upgraded"

New Poster

Problem with internet speed since we "upgraded"

Has anyone else experienced a significant loss of internet speed after doing a so called "upgrade" through Comcast?  This company is the worst.  They cut off your favorite channels from the viewing line up - like ID and then try to tell you that you are getting much faster internet service.  

Why would they ever think anyone would want them to handle our phones or home security?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Problem with internet speed since we "upgraded"

Comcast changed my plan from 250/10 to 400/10.  Speedtest.net is now testing at 490/12.

There are two components to speed; the gateway and the data plan.  If you don't get a new gateway that supports the higher speed, you won't get it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Do you think this is something that should be discussed prior to an upgrade?
Expert

@redrover43 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced a significant loss of internet speed after doing a so called "upgrade" through Comcast?  This company is the worst.  They cut off your favorite channels from the viewing line up - like ID and then try to tell you that you are getting much faster internet service.  

Why would they ever think anyone would want them to handle our phones or home security?

My services are working quite nicely, and I have Quad Play Premier. 

While I realize not everyone's going to have a smooth experience with their services - that's what this forum is for, after all, to help each other out - if you're interested in assistance with your issue,  please post the information requested on this thread,

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman