Community Forum

Problem with Samsung Smart TV and CGM4140COM Router

New Poster

Problem with Samsung Smart TV and CGM4140COM Router

I am experiencing a problem connecting and playing application content on my Samsung TV (TV Plus Channels, PBS Video, Xfinity Stream, etc.) that just occurred on Friday 9/13/2019.  Was working fine before that.  Samsung agents suggest a problem with the router settings.  Was new firmware pushed out recently that may be causing the problem?  The TV seems to work fine when I connect it to a personal hotspot on my iphone.  Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

New Poster

Re: Problem with Samsung Smart TV and CGM4140COM Router

same problem here - same router. Xfinity streaming app and TVplus stopped working couple of weeks ago... Other apps (youtube, sci go, prime video etc) functioning normally. Xfinity states that it is a known issue with Samsung TVs and are trying to resolve it with no ETA

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  Wanted to make sure it wasn't just me or whether Friday the 13th had something to do with it.  I'm not really that superstitious.

Contributor

Some smart TVs will only connect to the 2.4g wifi band, as mine does, check to see if that wifi band is broadcasting,  I know some comcast gateways combine the 2.4g and 5g as one, I had to separate mine to get it to work

New Poster

Hi jlavaseur,

you are absolutely right. Samsung TV’s do get confused when you have both 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies named the same (as xfinity suggests that you do) and often drop the connection in that case... However I figured that out several months ago have separated the frequencies and had no issues since. Until 2 weeks ago.... TV is still connected to the internet most of the apps work (youtube, ted, scigo, netflix, prime video etc....). It’s just that xfinity stream and tvplus are being blocked for some reason.

thanks for your reply