Community Forum

Previous Xfiniti Cable Modem MAC Address

New Poster

Previous Xfiniti Cable Modem MAC Address

I used my Netgear CM400 until January 2018 at my old address, but when I tried to use it on new account, I Cannot connect to internet.  It connects to the Xfiniti network and it gets a, IP address assigned, but no Internet access.  Is it possible the MAC address has to be assigned to my new account??  And how do I do that ??  Any info would be great  . . .  THANKS

Expert

Re: Previous Xfiniti Cable Modem MAC Address

Call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi mobischool, thank you for reaching out here on our forums.  I understand you are having issues using your internet service and would like to help review the equipment on your account.   Could you please send me a private message with your full name if you still need assistance.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, unfortunately we haven't heard from you but please feel free to reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.