Community Forum

Powerline Adapter and Xfinity Ethernet port

New Poster

Powerline Adapter and Xfinity Ethernet port

The xfinity router is not recognizing a cisco/linksys powerline adapter when plugged into the ethernet port. Is there a way to enable the port?  What do I have to do to get this port activated/recognize the poerline adapter?

New Poster

Re: Powerline Adapter and Xfinity Ethernet port

It appears that Comcast is cofigured to only recognize THEIR MoCA adapters. The only solution is to purchase a xfinity compatible router and then use the powerline adapter, or find another internet service provider. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Comcast doesn’t have moca adapters. Did you try a reset on your power line adapter? It doesn’t matter what type of modem the power line adapter is plugged into. Maybe contact the manufacturer as to why it won’t work?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@bukoskey wrote:

The xfinity router is not recognizing a cisco/linksys powerline adapter when plugged into the ethernet port. Is there a way to enable the port?  What do I have to do to get this port activated/recognize the poerline adapter?

Have you tried using another port on the gateway and / or using a known to be good ethernet device in the port that you don't think is working and seeing if that device works ?

What about swapping out the ethernet cable in case it's malfunctioning ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!