Community Forum

Possible for a hotspot reboot to happen from Xfinity's end?

Regular Visitor

Possible for a hotspot reboot to happen from Xfinity's end?

Staying in a new place for a couple of months and looked for internet options, settled on getting an Xfinity Wifi On Demand pass. Internet service was fine for about a week, when suddenly I couldn't connect to the internet anymore. I was receiving a strong signal from the xfninitywifi SSID, but couldn't even connect to the Xfinity portal which allows you to purchase the pass in the first place. I went through the whole song and dance of troublshooting with Comcast by calling the 1-800 number, but to no avail. Then I tried using the trial version of Wirelessmon, which allowed me to separate the various xfinitywifi SSIDs by their respective MAC addresses. The one I had connected to for a week had the strongest signal by far, but still no connection to the internet. However, I tried connecting to one of the addresses which displayed a very weak signal, and suddenly I had internet access again. However, I couldn't consider this a solution because the connection was so incredibly weak. I'd reliably drop the connection every half hour. Which brings me to the question in the title: is there a way for Xfinity to reboot the hotspot which offers me the strongest connection?