Community Forum

Port forwarding not working.

Frequent Visitor

Port forwarding not working.

I've tried to open up a port through the Wireless Gateway Admin Tool. The port says it is forwarded, but outside connections are not able to use it. I've also checked canyouseeme.org to check if the port is open, but it says "connection timed out". I read a post from a few months back that says port forwarding is broken. Is this still the case?

Expert

Re: Port forwarding not working.

Is that port on the list of restricted or blocked ports

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No it is not. I am attemting to open port 25565.

Expert

Do you have the Xfi app. ? Are you following the exact instructions here ?;

https://www.xfinity.com/search/?cat=ccentral&q=port%20forwarding

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-your-Comcast/ta-p/3...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I do not have the xFi app. Shouldn't port forwarding work the way I did it? Why do I have to download additional junk in order to make something that should work work?

Frequent Visitor

So as far as I can tell this feature is broken through the xFi gateway as well. It just doesnt work. Opened a port, went to canyouseeme.org to check that port, and it says connection refused. The port is not open.

EDIT

This seems to be an issue completely on Comcasts end. I talked to a friend who just quit working for them recently and they say port forwarding was disabled internally by Comcast like 6 months back. As far as I know this is true, because port forwarding does not work for me and it seems many other users have this issue.

Frequent Visitor

Any insight on this? Is anyone else having this issue? How do I work around this? I also read in one of the links above that once you access port forwarding through xFi, I won't be able to access port forwarding or similar features through the Gateway's Admin Tool. This is incorrect, as I am still able to access these features, except sadly they don't work. I've tried again to open the ports through the Gateway's Admin Tool and checked if the port was open, still nothing.

Frequent Visitor

@jrowe32,  Port Forwarding is still an available feature on all Comcast Gateways.

As for accessing Port Forwarding in xFi and the Local Admin Portal - once you log into xFi and access the Port Forwarding feature, any port forwards you had set up previously will get moved over into xFi and the page in the local admin portal should get locked down. Can you verify if you are still able to edit Port Forwards in the local admin portal, or if it was eventually locked down?

As for the port you set up, if you are still experiencing issues connecting to that port, please send me a Private Message and include your account number. I would like to have our team investigate this for you.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well actually at this point I can't even access the xFi portal. I'm signed into my account, but I can only access settings for my house in Connecticut. I am trying to set this up at my house in Florida. It doesn't show any info for my system down here. How can I sign into my xFi gateway for my account down here? All I have access to is the admin gateway.

New Poster

Port forwarding on xfinity is not working for me still.  Can someone please help me?