Community Forum

Port Forwarding not working. Ports keep opening (about 10 sec) and closing

Regular Visitor

Port Forwarding not working. Ports keep opening (about 10 sec) and closing

Since Comcast internet outage and system maintenance (two weeks ago), ports to CCTV DVR keep opening and closing.  Checked that ports were setup via the new Xfi app interface.  When ports tested with online tool show closed.  Occasionally, ports show open and CCTV DVR access works.  Security system provider tells me they are getting similar calls from other Comcast customers.  Tried creating and opening new ports for CCTV and port forwarding other devices, ports still show closed.

Community shows numerous similar threads, so this is a Comcast issue.  Two calls to tech support were useless.  Since port forwarding setup has been migrated to App, vs modem direct access, problem is on ISP end.  This issue is way beyond rebooting modem.  

Official Employee

Re: Port Forwarding not working. Ports keep opening (about 10 sec) and closing

seawolf20, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums! Sorry to hear about the port forwarding issues. I'd be happy to take a look at this further with you from the account. To get started, please send us a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!