Community Forum

Port Forwarding Not working (except for 10 seconds after a save configuration)

New Poster

Port Forwarding Not working (except for 10 seconds after a save configuration)

Received a new modem about 40 days ago and have had issues with connecting to my server and NVR from the outside world.  Determined that Port Forwarding is the issue on the XFI - wish it was still local to the box and not only by XFI app/web interface.

Situation is that when I "Apply Changes" even though there are no changes on the XFI OR on the router itself, for up to 10-15 seconds I can make a connection and after that it fails - EVERY TIME -it is repeatable.  Waiting for the 24-48 hours for level 2 support but as 48 approaches, no contact from Xfinity.   Help anyone from XFinity????

New Poster

Re: Port Forwarding Not working (except for 10 seconds after a save configuration)

Went back to chat.  Found they had closed ticket without calling me.  Once off of Chat, my internet went down.  Checked my NVR from the "outside" after it came back up and it is now working.  Coincidence?  Is it a caching issue?  Will be watching it for a while to see if it stops working.  Hopefully Level 2 will call so I can determine what was done from thier side (besides rebooting) that resolved the issue.  I had rebooted the Modem several times including replacing the modem when the WIFI went down 2 weeks ago.

New Poster

Re: Port Forwarding Not working (except for 10 seconds after a save configuration)

New Update:

Was able to access the NVR via port forwarding for a couple hours last night.  Woke up this moning to the same old no connection again.  The modem I have is the Technicolor CGM4140COM.  Any help would be appreciated.  Waiting again for Level 2 support to contact me.

Official Employee

Hi there, bksneezy. Thank you so much for trying your best to resolve the issue. I will do my best to help you see what is going on. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I want to take a look into your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!