Community Forum

Poor performance since upgrade

New Poster

Poor performance since upgrade

Was getting 100Mb/sec on old Xfinity cable modem with my own wireless router. Now getting only 30Mb/sec on new gateway, even using Ethernet cable.

Yes, I have unplugged the gateway numerous times and waited at least a minute before plugging back in. Same results.
Expert

Re: Poor performance since upgrade

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log please.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Diamond Problem Solver

@JLPDX wrote:
Was getting 100Mb/sec on old Xfinity cable modem with my own wireless router. Now getting only 30Mb/sec on new gateway, even using Ethernet cable.

Yes, I have unplugged the gateway numerous times and waited at least a minute before plugging back in. Same results.

Which speed tier are you subscribed to ? What are you getting for the upload speed ?

New Poster

EG,

I appreciate the response, but does it really matter which tier when all tiers are supposed to have at least up to 150 Mb/sec and I was getting 100 Mb prior to the equipment switch with no change in plan?  That having been said, I am only on the old Performance Pro plan, so 150 Mb is the max expected speed.  Uploads are between 6-8 Mb.

Diamond Problem Solver

@JLPDX wrote:

EG,

I appreciate the response, but does it really matter which tier when all tiers are supposed to have at least up to 150 Mb/sec and I was getting 100 Mb prior to the equipment switch with no change in plan?

I do have my reason(s) for asking..

That having been said, I am only on the old Performance Pro plan, so 150 Mb is the max expected speed.  Uploads are between 6-8 Mb.

For giggles, try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem

New Poster

Cool.  Thanks for the reply.