Community Forum

Pods and old houses

Highlighted
New Poster

Pods and old houses

I live in a one hundred and sixty year old one and a half story house in the country.  I have a metal roof on the garage, breezeway and house.  I cannot get consistent Wi-Fi connection I. The garage where I run a small home based business that takes credit cards.  I need consistent Wi-Fi connection.  Will pods allow me to get this consistency?  My modum is in an upstairs bedroom closest to the garage.  But I also have solid wood walls with no insulation.  I would like to try pods but maybe I should have extenders?  Can anyone help me out?

Expert

Re: Pods and old houses

Pods should work better then extenders. Powerline ethernet adapters or MoCA adapters may also be an option for you to explore. You can Google both for more info.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks I will check them out.

Official Employee

Hi there, Driver1228!

I wanted to touch base. 

Did you decide to go with the pods? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am seriously considering it.  If they don't give me consistent internet connection, can I return them?

Silver Problem Solver

@Driver1228 wrote:

I am seriously considering it.  If they don't give me consistent internet connection, can I return them?

Yes.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@Driver1228

Yes, please keep in mind, in order to get a full refund, you must return the Pods within 30 days. If they need to be changed, they can be, under the hardware warranty after one year. I hope this helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks for the information!

Official Employee

You're welcome. Happy 4th of July! Take care.