Community Forum

Please help my MB8600 issues....thanks!

New Poster

Please help my MB8600 issues....thanks!

Recently upgraded to 1GB service in San Francisco area. 
1.) Bought the Arris SB8200 docsis 3.1 Modem....using a Cat5e ethernet with Google Mesh wifi.  I was consistently only getting close to 100 Mbps down (ranges from 80-120 Mbps) and mid 30s upload.  Not bad, but definitely not close to 1GB.  
2.) Went into these forums and lots of complaints about Arris 8200 being slow and folks liked Motorola MB8600 better and some claimed that fixed their slow speeds.  So, I ordered one and switched out the modems to MB8600 (from the Arris).  
3.) Now my speeds are even worse!  Downloads are btw 25 Mbps - 110 Mbps. Avg is close to 60Mbps only.  Uploads consistently in low 30s.

I've rebooted the modem.  Unplugged, replugged, rebooted again.  Put it on an altar and prayed for it, to it, around it....etc.  I've yelled at it.  I've hugged it.  Still SLOOOOOOOOOW....So here I am.

Expert

Re: Please help my MB8600 issues....thanks!

@sthung56 wrote:

Recently upgraded to 1GB service in San Francisco area. 
1.) Bought the Arris SB8200 docsis 3.1 Modem....using a Cat5e ethernet with Google Mesh wifi.  I was consistently only getting close to 100 Mbps down (ranges from 80-120 Mbps) and mid 30s upload.  Not bad, but definitely not close to 1GB.  
2.) Went into these forums and lots of complaints about Arris 8200 being slow and folks liked Motorola MB8600 better and some claimed that fixed their slow speeds.  So, I ordered one and switched out the modems to MB8600 (from the Arris).  
3.) Now my speeds are even worse!  Downloads are btw 25 Mbps - 110 Mbps. Avg is close to 60Mbps only.  Uploads consistently in low 30s.

I've rebooted the modem.  Unplugged, replugged, rebooted again.  Put it on an altar and prayed for it, to it, around it....etc.  I've yelled at it.  I've hugged it.  Still SLOOOOOOOOOW....So here I am.

I happen to have the SB8200 and it's been solid on my Gigabit speed tier.

Anyway, to get help, start here, and if you still need assistance, please post the information requested  in this post

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!