Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Phone blocking issue

New Poster

Phone blocking issue

I have a ShoreTel phone that I use for work connected through my modem; I need to know if Xfinity is blocking any data or usage or anything for this. I am having issues where it will either cut in and out or just lose its connection entirely. I have worked with my company's IT support to rule out any hardware issues or issues on their end. They instructed me to reach out to my service provider directly to see if you were blocking anything. I spoke with someone via chat this morning who seemed to have no idea at all what I was talking about; he reset the connection to my modem and assured me that would fix the problem, which it did not.

Problem Solver

Re: Phone blocking issue

Do you have QoS enabled on your router, and set up the telephony device to get priority?

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

@jwiles wrote:

I have a ShoreTel phone that I use for work connected through my modem; I need to know if Xfinity is blocking any data or usage or anything for this. I am having issues where it will either cut in and out or just lose its connection entirely. I have worked with my company's IT support to rule out any hardware issues or issues on their end. They instructed me to reach out to my service provider directly to see if you were blocking anything. I spoke with someone via chat this morning who seemed to have no idea at all what I was talking about; he reset the connection to my modem and assured me that would fix the problem, which it did not.

Do you also have any general internet problems or is it just with the VoIP phone ?

Regular Visitor

How do I get my iPhone and iPad to connect to new modem? computer is working but apple devices or not

Regular Visitor

landline telephone is nowworking, iPhone also, but not receiving internet info

Regular Visitor

How do I enable OOs gismo

New Poster

No, how do I do that?