Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Performing firmware update on Xfinity modem/router (Technicolor brand)

New Poster

Performing firmware update on Xfinity modem/router (Technicolor brand)

Hi,

I'm unable to figure out where to obtain and how to update the firmware on my Xfinity modem/router.  The brand is a Technicolor, the main reason for wanted the upgrade is to enable QoS and a few other features I've seen screenshots of online.

Any help for this would be gretaly appreciated.Comcast/Xfinity offers a newer/different brand that would work as well, I'm just trying to avoid having t buy a new router just for these few features that I know their capable of.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Problem Solver

Re: Performing firmware update on Xfinity modem/router (Technicolor brand)

Customers of all Cable companies dont get to update the firmware themselves.  

Each Cable company provides & uses a firmware version they've approved.

In the case of newer equipment that has a newer firmware, the equipment will be down graded to the current firmware used by that cable company.  

All Replies
Problem Solver

Customers of all Cable companies dont get to update the firmware themselves.  

Each Cable company provides & uses a firmware version they've approved.

In the case of newer equipment that has a newer firmware, the equipment will be down graded to the current firmware used by that cable company.  

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast control the firmware it happens automatically. You are limited with the settings in the gateway, Comcast control some of the major functions, such as switching the wireless off (you have to call in and get them to do it), not sure about the QoS.

There is a newer Gateway the DPC3939, which I believe has dual band wireless, but again you will be limited in the settings AFAIK. and they are difficult to get hold of...