Community Forum

Paying for gigabit, SB8200 never gets over 150

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Paying for gigabit, SB8200 never gets over 150

Hello.  I have an SB8200, Docsis 3.1.  Although I pay for gigabit speed, numerous calls to comcast customer support over the year never gets my modem "activated" to use gigabit.  I have been paying for it for over a year.  I always get frustrated by comcast support and then give up.  Is there anyway to get through to someone that can help me.  

Today the support tech told me to "call" my modem manufacturer to make sure the modem is gigabit compatible.  Yikes.  

Here is a screenshot of my SB8200 status page.

xfinity.JPG

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Paying for gigabit, SB8200 never gets over 150

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks EG.

Here is an upload of the image to imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/QnI9tyS

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Would appreciate any ideas how to get comcast to address this.  

Highlighted
Expert

Please also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers, and the error log entries.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!