Community Forum

Paying for Gig-Speed, getting 100-200mbps

Frequent Visitor

Paying for Gig-Speed, getting 100-200mbps

Paying for Gig-Speed, but only getting 100-200mbps on the 5GHz wifi band, getting a good wifi signal throughout the house.

Expert

Re: Paying for Gig-Speed, getting 100-200mbps

How’s the upload speed? How’s the speed directly connected to the modem?
Expert

@eprislac wrote:

Paying for Gig-Speed, but only getting 100-200mbps on the 5GHz wifi band, getting a good wifi signal throughout the house.

Some basic tips here

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

Upload speed tops out at about 40mbs

Frequent Visitor

My Xbox One X is reporting a 62% signal strength inside my office, and only getting about 75mbs max. Don't know how to gage the signal strength from my laptop, but the most speed I'm seeing is around midday, 250mbs tops DL/ 40mbs UL on my macbook pro. These are similar speeds to what I was getting on my old tier.

Expert

@eprislac wrote:

Upload speed tops out at about 40mbs

There isn't a provisioning issue with your modem then, as the upload appears good. Only way to know for sure if it's a problem on the Comcast side (i.e. download speed issues) is to post the information requested on this post

@eprislac wrote:

My Xbox One X is reporting a 62% signal strength inside my office, and only getting about 75mbs max. Don't know how to gage the signal strength from my laptop, but the most speed I'm seeing is around midday, 250mbs tops DL/ 40mbs UL on my macbook pro. These are similar speeds to what I was getting on my old tier.

You were getting 40 Mbs upload on your old tier? 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Diamond Problem Solver

For curiosity, what is the exact make and model number of the modem ? Comcast supplied ?

Frequent Visitor

comcast supplied, looks like the newest model I saw on the website

Frequent Visitor

looks like the wifi just has a problem getting to my office, which is upstairs and half the house away from the wifi router. Bought a mesh wifi system today, hoping it'll resolve my signal strength issues. right next to the router, I get about 400Mbs DL (still low, when expecting about twice that).