Community Forum

Paying for Extreme Pro receiving Blast! speeds

Regular Visitor

Paying for Extreme Pro receiving Blast! speeds

Recently just upgraded to the Extreme pro internet package (rated at 400mb/s) from the Blast! (250mb/s) and appear to still be getting the Blast! speeds. Had an Arris SB6183 but realized it wasn't a compatible device with the Extreme pro package, so I upgraded my modem to the Netgear CM1000. Doesn't appear to have changed anything - still getting roughly 220-250Mb/s download and 10Mb/s up connected with an ethernet directly to the router. Just got off the phone with a rep and he confirmed that the boot file was in fact the correct one. I've tried restarted/rebooting 100 times and nothing seems to change...can anyone help?

Thanks and best.

Expert

Re: Paying for Extreme Pro receiving Blast! speeds

@gravest wrote:

still getting roughly 220-250Mb/s download and 10Mb/s up connected with an ethernet directly to the router. 

Have you tried connecting directly to the CM1000 modem, rather than the router you're using? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes I have, not that it should matter anyway since both my router and modem are brand new. Not really sure what else I can do at this point, I feel as though I've exhausted every option on my end.

Expert

Try calling 1-800-comcast again and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their back-end database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!