Community Forum

Paying for Comcast Blast Pro and not getting speed

New Poster

Paying for Comcast Blast Pro and not getting speed

I am paying for Xfinity Blast Pro and the speed I get is on the Xfinity Speed Test page. What can I do to get what I'm paying for?. 

DOWNLOAD SPEED
17.72 Mbps
UPLOAD SPEED
11.62 Mbps
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Paying for Comcast Blast Pro and not getting speed

Billmcf49 wrote:

I am paying for Xfinity Blast Pro and the speed I get is on the Xfinity Speed Test page. What can I do to get what I'm paying for?. 

DOWNLOAD SPEED
17.72 Mbps
UPLOAD SPEED
11.62 Mbps

Are you doing the test over wifi or hard wired to your network? Are there any old hubs or switches on you home network?

Best way to test speed is direct connect with ethernet cable to your modem. If you still have slow speed then you can contact xf. If you get higher speed than reported, you have to determine what after the modem is slowing you down.

New Poster

I am on Blast Pro as well and I just tested using both the Xfinity and Ookla test and got the following

Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

I would say it may have something to do with your home network.  As others have suggested, test on a wired connection directly connected to your router. If after a test when connected directly, you get speeds similar to mine then you have isolated to problem to something after the router, this could be an old WiFi router, etc.

New Poster

How old is your router? Might want to look at getting a new one.