Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Paying for Blast Internet but only getting 25Mbps download

New Poster

Paying for Blast Internet but only getting 25Mbps download

For the last three years, I've been paying for blast internet; yet, the max speed is between 25 and 30 Mbps download and around 4.5 upload.  I've had the techs out and they claim that's the max speed for my area.  I don't believe this to be true.  I do believe that perhaps some provider cabling is in need of replacement.  Nevertheless, I've been paying for a service that I'm not receiving.  After this is verified, I'd like to receive a statement credit from the time I started this service.

Modem:  Arris sb6141

Router:  Linksys WRT AC1900

Expert

Re: Paying for Blast Internet but only getting 25Mbps download

Those speeds sound like the wrong config file is loaded into the modem (25/5 Performance speed-tier).

Call 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

Official Employee

Hi jlwilson1947. I can assist with reviewing your internet speed on your modem and account. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

Regular Contributor

You have lived for this for three years?   First start with your modem.  Make sure its compatible with blast.

Jess

New Poster

I am in the same exact situation. I have spent phone call after phone call on the phone with customer service and have gotten nowhere. When I login online the package says Blast 25mbps but we have received emails and mailers stating that we have been upgraded and no charge twice.