Community Forum

Paying for 300 mbps interent, only getting about 90 mbps down

Frequent Visitor

Paying for 300 mbps interent, only getting about 90 mbps down

Hey everyone - was hoping a Comcast employee could assist me.  Have been paying for 300 mpbs internet and getting only about 90 mbps down.  I have called Comcast several times they keep wanting to send out a technician.  Pretty sure I just need my modem re-provisioned to the new tier.  Modem is a  Zoom Telephonics 5370.   Thanks in advance.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Paying for 300 mbps interent, only getting about 90 mbps down

What are you getting for the upload speed ?

Frequent Visitor

Getting about 30 mbps upload

Silver Problem Solver

The upload suggests you are correctly provisioned for 300/25. Have you tried cutting out any router and connecting direct to the modem by ethernet?

Check that any device connected by ethernet has a gigabit 10/100/1000 NIC and not 10/100 Fast Ethernet

Frequent Visitor

Just an idea from my recent experience. Different browsers (firefox, chrome, IE, ect) give different results.  I have blast tier @ 250 mbps. For example, using firefox I could not get over 150 mbps on the xfinity speed test. Never could get a straight answer from cust serv.   Had 2 techs come out and no help.  I was thinking about switching browsers to Chrome and while looking around I thought I would run a speed test ... BINGO .... now xfinity speedtest was at 300 mbps!!!!  I have since speed tested on several other sites and there can be a significant difference when using different browsers. My suggestion is to try xfinity speed test with a different browser.  It may not help, but after spending 2 weeks on this, I figured I would let you know.  Good luck.

ES

Official Employee

Hi bigblockdodge. I can assist with further troubleshooting your internet speed issue. I can check the bootfile and run the diagnostics for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.