Community Forum

Paying for 150mbps getting 8.9down, .28up. 3 tech visits, 2 upperlevel calls, but NO CALLBACKS.

New Poster

Paying for 150mbps getting 8.9down, .28up. 3 tech visits, 2 upperlevel calls, but NO CALLBACKS.

Since I got back from vacation in early July, my service has been between nonexistant to snail slow.  To date I have had 3 service calls with the following done.  1st visit replace the outside amplifier but told -- your modem is too old.  So I replaced the modem.   2nd visit -- discovered an unknown inside 2nd amplifier which was removed because cant have two.  Told something wrong with modem.  So I replaced the modem with a better one.  3rd tech came and said connector wasnt tight at the street, but set me up for new line replacement and ran a new line to the house which was buried last week.  I have had two different "next level" care reps call to express concern and give me their followup phone numbers.  Neither two has returned any of my 5 followup calls.  The second one did inform me that 10 others in my neighborhood are experiencing similar problems.  Todays speed test directwired to the modem -- 8.9mbps download, and .28mbps upload.  Cant use any streaming device, internet pages painfully slow to load ( like dialup).  HOW DO I PROCEED????

Expert

Re: Paying for 150mbps getting 8.9down, .28up. 3 tech visits, 2 upperlevel calls, but NO CALLBACKS.

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Paying for 150mbps getting 8.9down, .28up. 3 tech visits, 2 upperlevel calls, but NO CALLBACKS.

Hi moboan, I would like to review signals on my side for you. Could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Well the fourth tech visit got to the problem and solved it.  Kudos to my tech Nixon.   It appears that an outside amplifier on the side of my house went bad.  The first tech that came out changed the amp, but NOT the inside AC adaptor for the amp.  The old AC adaptor was a mismatch to the new amp,and compromised the NEW amp.  Nixon bypassed the amp and my speed jumped back up to normal.   All is back to normal now, though the amp should be replaced  at some point.    

Silver Problem Solver

Thank you for posting this update.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!