Community Forum

Password/Gateway problems

New Poster

Password/Gateway problems

I changed the name of my modem and password accordingly and everytime I enter the new password and modem it doesnt accept my password although it is the correct password. I've repeatedly verified the name and password and deemed them to be correct all the while the modem/network wont accept it. What do I do?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Password/Gateway problems

@DfreshAndretti wrote:
I changed the name of my modem and password accordingly and everytime I enter the new password and modem it doesnt accept my password although it is the correct password. I've repeatedly verified the name and password and deemed them to be correct all the while the modem/network wont accept it. What do I do?

If you reset the Comcast modem, it will start with the factory default.  I have never changed the default.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-your-cable-modem

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Password/Gateway problems

Is it a Comcast supplied gateway device ? You stated that you "changed the name". AFAIK, you can't change the name with a Comcast gateway, only the password.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!