Community Forum

Packet loss and unstable connection.

Regular Visitor

Packet loss and unstable connection.

Recently moved to a new apartment and currently have been unable to maintain a stable connection when using chat programs (discord mainly) and when playing video games online, this includes a ping of 130. The connection seems to be flucuating widely. I've factory reset my modem/router, re plugging in everything and still am getting this issue. When testing internet speeds, its been normal with no issues. Not really sure what next steps to to take. MODEM: Netgear cm500-100NAS Router: Netgear N300 - WNR2000v5 Xfinity Plan: 150Mbps. d29b685e477ca9c47b32db49e21171f5.png114c0bdfb4a2df2c89339f79001081bd.png

Expert

Re: Packet loss and unstable connection.

Hi @buch4225

You got something going on there, you are only locked onto one upstream channel. 

I've asked an employee to check the headend server for real-time and historical signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Yep. Noise ingress in the upstream channels / return path can cause the un-bonding of channels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Buch4225, I can help review signals going to and from your modem on my side.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.