Community Forum

Packet Loss with high speed tests

New Poster

Packet Loss with high speed tests

Hi, Last week I was attempting to stream through twitch and had so many dropped frames I couldnt manage to stay live, after testing I found that it was across all of my systems and didnt matter what I was running, the loss was there. i called in, and the representative was very helpful, and it seemed that it might have been my outdated modem to blame. Its not leased, its mine. Today I purchased a new SB8200 surfboard modem hoping this would fix the problem. Using the new ethernet cord i connected directly to the new modem with no other connections. I'm still getting the random packet loss every few seconds, but I'm testing the connection showing a relatively consistent 170+ mbs download and about 8-10 upload. I'm unsure what to try next to solve this problem thats come from nowhere. I'm using a relatively new Omen PC from HP, so id be hesitant to assume its an issue on the PC end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. also, Ive tried sending screenshots of my data stuff, but it wont resize to fit?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Expert

Re: Packet Loss with high speed tests

@Equationite wrote:

also, Ive tried sending screenshots of my data stuff, but it wont resize to fit?

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!