Community Forum

Packet Loss in Online Games

Highlighted
New Poster

Packet Loss in Online Games

Intermittent packet loss while playing online games. Ranges from 15-40% and usually goes away after 15 seconds, however occurs every 2-10 minutes. I also checked PingPlotter Pro and also have Packet Loss on most of the "Hops" (pinging google.com). I have a ARRIS TG1682G Router, and do NOT use a modem. This is happening on my pc which is connected with ethernet to my router. WiFi-connected devices also experiencing buffering/ dropped signal (stuff stops loading for 20 seconds).

Contributor

Re: Packet Loss in Online Games

Just so you are clear what the tg1682g is, it's a gateway, which is a modem and router combined into one. I would try rebooting It if you haven't done so in a while, sometimes that can fix things.

Expert

Re: Packet Loss in Online Games

@Maria80 wrote:

Intermittent packet loss while playing online games. Ranges from 15-40% and usually goes away after 15 seconds, however occurs every 2-10 minutes. I also checked PingPlotter Pro and also have Packet Loss on most of the "Hops" (pinging google.com). I have a ARRIS TG1682G Router, and do NOT use a modem. This is happening on my pc which is connected with ethernet to my router. WiFi-connected devices also experiencing buffering/ dropped signal (stuff stops loading for 20 seconds).

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!