Community Forum

PS4 CONNECTION ISSUES BOTH WIFI AND EHTERNET

New Poster

PS4 CONNECTION ISSUES BOTH WIFI AND EHTERNET

Hi, hopefully someone can help on here before having to call xfinity on the phone. I just got xfinity and have the 150 mbps plan as I wanted to have plenty of speed for gaming. However I seem to be having problems with my ps4 and connecting. I am able to connect both by wifi and lan (ethernet cable), and able to download games over these connections. The problem happens when I try to play online and I am automatically disconnected from servers or have horrible lag. I cannot find anything online to help, most likely because I cannot word the problem properly in the search bar when I try to look up a solution on google. 

Contributor

Re: PS4 CONNECTION ISSUES BOTH WIFI AND EHTERNET

I too suffered the same as you when gaming online, both PS4 & XBox One S. The culprit was the Xfinity gateway(XB6). The lag and disconnects happened through LAN & wireless. I returned the gateway, bought my on modem and a high end Tri-band router. Gaming is GOOD! 

You did not mentioned the equipment you're using.....

Expert

@pmoski

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Did you ever solve this issue? I’m having the same problem...
New Poster

What was the new equipment your using? I’m experiencing the same issues looking to get a new modem
New Poster

I have the arris TG1682g 42mhz upstream hw version 9, looking for recommendations on a modem and or gateway to purchase off the approved list
Contributor

If you have the XB6, you'll never be able to game without lag and disconnects. I had gig speed with the XB6 and still was getting kicked out of onling gaming session, and this was with a hard wire connection. Both of my consoles, XboxOne S and PS 4 Pro were hard wired and gaming was horrendous. I went out and purchased my on modem(CM-1000) and router(Archer AC5400 Tri-band). Gaming is good! 

Good Luck...