Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

Frequent Visitor

POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

I've had 4 different technicians visit my home to fix this issue. The last one told me to go ahead and purchase the "XB6" modem which is only provided by Comcast because "it is probably my modem or my equipment". Yes, I did have my own modem and router but I've now replaced it the "XB6" modem. This did absolutely nothing to my internet issues.

I still get internet speeds around 250 megabits down and 40 up when I speed test on websites such as speedtest.net, speedtest.att.com, fast.com
I've also tested on the xfinity speed test and I range around 500-550 down and 40 up. My technician advised me that 500-600 megabits is an acceptable range for Gigabit service. Is this true? Can someone confirm this? 

Untitled.png
Expert

Re: POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

Expert

@Dabearz15 wrote:

The last one told me to go ahead and purchase the "XB6" modem which is only provided by Comcast because "it is probably my modem or my equipment". ? 

FWIW. You can't purchase an XB6 device. You can only rent it.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is rented. 

Frequent Visitor

Sure

Official Employee

Hello Dabearz15. I can assist with further troubleshooting your Gig speed issues. As nerdburg suggested, I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.