Community Forum

Orange light on ethernet port

Contributor

Orange light on ethernet port

I have the TG862G/CT Arris router with the 4 ethernet ports on the back.

I have my Mac computer plugged into one of them and it shows a solid green light below the plug and a flashing yellow light above it.

In the next port I have my Tivo plugged in and it has a flashing yellow light just like the other port but instead of the green light, it has a solid orange light.

Does anyone know just what lights should be lit and what they mean.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Orange light on ethernet port

Not certain but it may mean that the Tivo's network adapter may not have a gigE port, only a 10/100 port and / or you are not using a minimum of a cat 5e ethernet cable for that connection. It's no biggie either way.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks EG,  that sounds like it could be right.   I had a TP  Link extender plugged into it and took it out to run a temporary 100 ft. ethernet cable to see if it made any difference.   It didn't but the cable I used was one that I made up many years ago and is probably not a Cat5 cable.

Thanks for the help.

Tried clicking on the accepted solution tick mark but nothing appeared to happen .

Expert

Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!