Community Forum

Only one upstream channel bonding

New Poster

Only one upstream channel bonding

My internet has been a little shaky lately ( past 2 months or so ).  Drops my connect a couple of times a day.  I recently switched my work computer and have it hardwired to the cable modem and the issue persists.  I originally figured it was just some 5G interference but realize that it is not.  When I double checked when this happens all devices get dropped ( 5g 2.4 and of course my hardwired connection).  Have done all the typical things but not resolution.  Only thing I notice that I don't believe was present before is that only 1 upstream channge is getting bonded.  I'm on blast service, 250Mb/15Mb

Channel stats:

Index              1                            2                       3                      4
Lock Status   Locked               Not Locked    Not Locked   Not Locked 
Frequency    36.50Mhz           17.30 Mhz      23.70Mhz      30.10Mhz
Symbol Rate 5120 KSym/s     0 KSym/s      0 KSym/s      0 KSym/s
Power Level  43.00 dBmV      0.00 dBmV   0.00 dBmV   0.00 dBmV
Modulation 64 QAM QPSK QPSK QPSK

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Channel Type DOCSIS2.0 (ATDMA) (Unknown) (Unknown) (Unknown)

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Only one upstream channel bonding

Please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

New Poster

I swapped to my backup wifi router an arris sb6900-ac and all 4 upstream channels bonded and everything looks good.  Guess its time to return the comcast one....  

Official Employee

Hi there, webber_1998. I am glad that you purchasing your own modem resolve the issue. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out. Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!