Community Forum

Only one upstream bonded channel on Arris SB6183

New Poster

Only one upstream bonded channel on Arris SB6183

This just happened a few weeks ago.  I noticed that the upstream light was green and not blue.  I restarted the modem and it was OK .  The light went from blue to green last week and stays like that after muiltiple restarts. 

Arris.jpeg

I'm hoping to get a response from a Comcast employee so that I don't have to make multiple phone calls before I can speak to a technician that can help.

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Only one upstream bonded channel on Arris SB6183

The image you posted isn't visible. It looks like this:

HfImgPlcHldr.gif

This is probably because you are a new poster and the image requires moderator approval. That could take a while. If you don't want to wait you could upload the image to a file sharing site and post a link to it here, or post text instead of an image.

Also see Connection Troubleshooting Tips and Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

Gold Problem Solver

@rtesta65 wrote: ... the upstream light ... went from blue to green ...

The image is now visible and the 57 dBmV upstream power level it shows is too high. It should be below 50. Problems like this are often due to poor connections between your equipment and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

New Poster

Thanks for your reply and the link to the troubleshooting page.  

I simply disconnected the coax cable from the modem and the wall and reconnected it and now things are back to normal.

Arris.jpeg

Expert

FWIW, we can't see your image again......

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!