Community Forum

Only one upstream and downstream bonded channel

Frequent Visitor

Only one upstream and downstream bonded channel

For about a week now i've been only getting 30Mbps down where before it was around 250.  My modem lights went from blue to green (Arris Modem SB6183).  On the modem itself, I'm only seeing one bonded channel for downstream and one for upstream.

Technican come out and said the signal was fine and that the modem was the problem.  I've replaced the SB6183 with a SB6190 and the issue persists.  Only one bounded channel and internet speeds at 30/4.  

Expert

Re: Only one upstream and downstream bonded channel

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

ModemPicture.jpg

Expert

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Let's try this - https://i.imgur.com/TOzaLaV.jpg

Expert

Hmmmm.. Those stats are o/k. Have you tried powercycling / re-starting the 6183 ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. This can sometimes help re-pull / lock on to the multiple channels.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I did a hard reset on the 6183 and then I replaced and provisioned a new 6190, still the same issue and same signal.

Expert

Perhaps they were temporarily deliberately taken down by them for some sort of maintenance / upgrades on your local CMTS / system. I'm going to ask an official CC employee to see if they can check in to this. You should get a reply from them here. Good luck !

Official Employee

Hi @smcrockett

Thanks for using the Xfinity forums to inform us of the internet issues you're having. I can take a deeper look into this. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ComcastChe

I've sent you a message.  Thank you for your help in this.

Expert

If you are only seeing one channel up/down and are getting speeds of 30/4 - it means your modem has a default bootfile. @ComcastChe should be able to address this for you Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting on someone from Comcast who can help with this, it's driving me crazy.  

Official Employee

Hi @smcrockett

Sorry for the delay. I've completed some troubleshooting on my end. When you have a moment, please reply to my private message or let me know here if there is a change on your end. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastChe

It is working significatnly better now, back to normal and have the expected blue lights on the modem again.

Can I ask what was done and/or found so in case it happens again I can communicate it better with the help desk?

Thank you again for the help on this.

Official Employee

You're welcome. Great, I'm happy it's better now. I sent a provisioning signal to the modem. If you do run into any more issues, let us know. We'd be happy to help however we can.