Community Forum

Only one of eight upstream channels locked.

New Poster

Only one of eight upstream channels locked.

My Netgear C6900 modem/router shows only one of eight upstream channels locked. I've contacted Comcast support by phone, and they're telling me that everything looks good at their end. So does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

BTW, all 24 of my downstream channels are locked. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Only one of eight upstream channels locked.

There’s only 3 or 4 upstream channels available depending on market. It’s possible there’s a filter on your drop, a wiring issue or equipment issue. Was this a self install?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi, Andrew.
If you mean the modem/router, it was self-installed.
You mentioned a filter, I had a constantly dropping internet connection some months ago. A tech came over and, sure enough, there was a filter installed. But he removed it at the time. Could a new one have been installed without my knowledge?
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s possible, if it’s there, it’s put on by the maintenance team if there’s excessive noise/ingress/interference backfeeding out into the plant. There’s “supposed” to be notes on your account when it happens. It’s also possible that if it was there and the tech removed without ever fixing what was causing the interference that the filter was put back on. Any event you won’t know til a tech comes out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

There WAS an interference/noise problem in the past. The same tech that removed the filter supposedly fixed that.