Community Forum

Only Able To Access Certain Websites

New Poster

Only Able To Access Certain Websites

Hello, not sure where my problem lies. Did some digging and thought it might be the IPv4/IPv6 thing, but I can't access Amazon and others so that's not it. I may being having local DNS issues, I'm not sure. I just suddenly can't access any sites like Twitch, Reddit, Twitter etc. but Google, Youtube and the Xfinity websites all work perfectly. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Only Able To Access Certain Websites

@GRIFFIN_XVI wrote:

Hello, not sure where my problem lies. Did some digging and thought it might be the IPv4/IPv6 thing, but I can't access Amazon and others so that's not it. I may being having local DNS issues, I'm not sure. I just suddenly can't access any sites like Twitch, Reddit, Twitter etc. but Google, Youtube and the Xfinity websites all work perfectly. 

Can you post a URL that doesn't work for you?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Perform a traceroute to Twitter and post the results here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

GRIFFIN_XVI, it sounds like a DNS issue to me as well. After posting the traceroute, have you attempted to change the DNS again? Are you currently using Google's? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!