Community Forum

One device can not connect to our network, even though it can connect fine to other networks

Highlighted
New Poster

One device can not connect to our network, even though it can connect fine to other networks

We have a bizarre problem with one of the devices in our household. There is one laptop (running Windows 10)  that suddenly absolutely can not connect to any of our Comcast home networks, but has no issue connecting to other networks (at friends' houses, coffeeshops, etc.) When this laptop attempts to connect to the home wifi, it says 'can not connect to network'. Other devices in our home can connect to our wifi just fine! 

Here is what we have tried:

-Resetting the xfinity gateway via comcast's online peripheral

-Power cycling the xfinity gateway

-Forgetting and attempting to rejoin each network (2.4 and 5 GHz bands)

-Disabling and re-enabling the network adapter

-Uninstalling and reinstalling network adapter drivers

-Restarting the computer

-ipconfig release/renew on the affected laptop (of course this did nothing because the laptop can not connect to the home network at all)

-Booting the laptop in safe mode

-Attempted to log into the modem to see if the laptop was blocked by comcast, however we could not locate the password (admin password was no longer 'password')

The laptop continues to connect to other networks fine. This laptop has never had an issue with the home wifi before. I tried to chat with Comcast support but the 'chat with us' button is broken. I tried to schedule a callback with Comcast twice and they never called back. Please help; this laptop is needed for work.

Expert

Re: One device can not connect to our network, even though it can connect fine to other networks

See this;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-up-parental-controls-with-comcast-networking

Check to see if it has been blocked or paused.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!