Community Forum

Offline after connecting cable tv box

Contributor

Offline after connecting cable tv box

I have internet only using Arris wifi tower from xfinity. Upgraded to 140channel cable. Hooked up cable box in this order. Coax from wall to splitter. One coax to wifi router, one coax to cable box. One coax from cable box and one hdmi from cable box to tv.
Powered both on. Cable went through new settings all the way till I had guide and channels working. Internet immediately booted but us/ds flashez and online light is off.
I put evrything back to internet only. Still offline. Got a new wifi box , still offline.
After having channels on first try, I put everything back to cable and wifi amd neither work now.
Thoughts?.
New cables too. I replaced all to see if one or more were bad. No change
Official Employee

Re: Offline after connecting cable tv box

Hi sigsauer357, I would like to review signals going to your devices and troubleshoot this further.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

They fixed it. They told me that the signal ust went out.. Nothing more.

Not buying it... I think it was shut down due to me hooking up the box for cable and Xfinity saw it being hooked up and shut the line down.. We can shut computers down when unauthorized items are plugged into them. I feel this box wasnt factory reset when turned in. And Xfinity saw it being plugged in and locked the line.

Expert

@Sigsauer357 wrote:

They fixed it. They told me that the signal ust went out.. Nothing more.

Not buying it... I think it was shut down due to me hooking up the box for cable and Xfinity saw it being hooked up and shut the line down.. We can shut computers down when unauthorized items are plugged into them. I feel this box wasnt factory reset when turned in. And Xfinity saw it being plugged in and locked the line.

For any new, or replacement, cable-box, you need to call the number provided to get the box authorized for service. Did you do that?

I find calling works best. They can help if there is a problem. It can be done on the Internet site, but that can be problematic.

Your reply is incorrect and unjustified.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

My reply is incorrect and unjustified? Really? You are coming across as smugg person...

I called Comcast/Xfinity immediately after installing box.  They could not figure it out for 4 days..

This isnt my first rodeo shipmate.