Community Forum

Odd Message Before I Login to my Comcast Account

Frequent Visitor

Odd Message Before I Login to my Comcast Account

Odd Message that started showing up last night on all systems connected to network

Issue has been detected with your Xfinity Connection, We had an issue while attempting to notify you about your Xfinity Internet service.   

Please Refresh your Browser, and try again, if still experiencing issues, contact Comcast Security Assurance at 1-844-963-0033 and reference this message.      

Any ideas what could be?    Sorry couldn't copy and paste it 

Expert

Re: Odd Message Before I Login to my Comcast Account

Looks like one of their HTTP injected browser messages. It could be a fluke or there may be something to it. That's NOT their Security Assurance Deparment's phone number. Call the main number 1800comcast to inquire and see if that is a legit Comcast phone number.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Ok will do,  i know i got one message that 70 percent of data usage type alert on one site,  will still check out that one on main comcast site asap here, and hopefully get it all resolved

Expert

I've seen some post's indicating that that 844 number is a scam.

Here is the real Comcast Customer Security Assurance number;

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, will get that called asap here, and figure out whats going on,  ALready checked 2 of 3 systems for any infection,  both with eset online scan, Windows Defender built into Windows 10 and my son checked the laptop with Avast Free Antivirus

No threats found

Hmmm message is gone now when i tried the site again,  did see a popup that used 70 percent of data which i know about,  but that weird message gone now, didn't even get a chance to call on that one, was about to, but decided to check again first

Official Employee

Hello, dianeT734! Thank you for reaching out to us. I don't think that there any viruses on your computer. We can't identify if your computer has any viruses, therefore, we won't send any notifications. I can check if there are notes on your account. Could you please send me a private message with your full name? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Question for @ComcastElla. Is that 844 number a legitimate Comcast number ?

Official Employee

@EG - Can't really confirm if the number is legit or not but I would use the phone number you have provided - 1-888-565-4329. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Ok. Thanks.

Official Employee

@dianeT734 - I'm glad that we were able to confirm that there are no issues with your internet service. Please don't ever hesitate to reach me at any time, I'm always happy to assist!