Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Not valid package installer

Contributor

Not valid package installer

Attempting to install Xfinity wi-fi app on my Windows 10 machine. Downloaded setup.xfinity.msi, but when I attempt to install I get a Windows installer error message 

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package"

Screenshot (1).png
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not valid package installer

When I download Setup_XFINITY.msi, the file length is 0. Is that what you are seeing too?

(Tested in Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and IE).

Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Yes, I'm seeing file size 0 as well.

Gold Problem Solver

amstery wrote: Hi Bruce, Yes, I'm seeing file size 0 as well.

Yet once again I ask, CAN'T COMCAST DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!???

Expert

I'm going to try escalating your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Official Employee

amstery, thanks for posting about this. We are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. Hang tight. 

KenF

New Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

amstery, thanks for posting about this. We are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. Hang tight. 

KenF

Still not working for the reasons listed above.

New Poster

As of now, still not working.
Official Employee

Hello all,

I was able to download an installation file on my Windows 10 PC via Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge with no issues. The file size is 9.7 MB. If you still getting an issue with 0 KB file download - please try a different browser. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer today (1/5/2018) and the file downloads with 0 size.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastElla wrote: ... I was able to download an installation file on my Windows 10 PC via Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge with no issues. ...

You stopped too soon. When I try downloading from the Download / Windows link ("https://wifi.xfinity.com/download_windows.php") on https://wifi.xfinity.com/, Chrome seems to work consistently, but Firefox, Edge, and IE are all flaky. Sometimes they download a 9,729,536 byte file, and sometimes they download a 0 byte file.

Contributor

I am still getting the 0 bytes file and same error message on Chrome, Edge and IE.

Contributor

Well, that is solved. The file will only download properly when you are on a wireless connection. So much for planning ahead for my trip and downloading while my laptop was docked.

Official Employee

Hey amstery, 

Thanks for letting us know you were able to figure out the solution to your issue. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can assist you with in the future.